We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Started in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As a Senior Automation Engineer, you'll get to build and maintain test pipelines for our cloud-based applications, using code and unattended automation for continuous testing. Your tests will help ensure the quality of Mothership’s software platform and provide quick feedback loops for changes pushed by other engineers.
The ideal individual for this position is someone who relishes the opportunity to build quality products from the ground up and is looking for ownership to spread their wings and test the limits. You’re focused on action and lead by example in a hands on and collaborative way.
What you'll get to do
- Eliminate manual validation by using automation at every step of product development
- Work with teams of software engineers to ensure that testing is developed together with the applications
- Help spec issues and defects to ensure seamless handoff to others on the engineering team
- Provide expertise and insight on tools, frameworks, test suite automation and best practices
- Collaborate with other engineers on developing reusable components into test suites
- Work with other engineering departments on developing standards and conventions
What success looks like in this role
- 5+ years as an Automation Engineer, SDET, or Software Engineer
- Experience using automated testing tools, like Selenium, JUnit, Cypress, Appium, XCTest
- Experience creating and maintaining software automation pipelines and applications
- Experience writing end-to-end test flows such as authentication, form filling, email validation, API flows, etc
- Experience scripting test automation suites for unattended execution
- Experience working in a containerized microservices environment (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Communication skills are also highly important, as you will be responsible for accurately detailing defects and issues to your fellow engineering team members
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision (PPO)
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to? Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description