Senior Android Engineer
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Our team is growing, and we’re looking to add a Senior Android Engineer that will bring their passion for mobile and build out functionality in the app that will drive revenue and deliver innovative solutions and experiences for users across the globe.
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Engineering, product managers and other engineers to build and maintain a robust, reliable, app, while proactively looking for improvements to our product’s codecase.
- With your technical expertise, you will manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Maintain and evolve the software architecture for current and future needs in order to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products, while supporting the product roadmap
- Building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on our users needs
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance mobile solutions
- Work directly with quality engineers to identify test cases and devise efficient, scalable testing processes to allow us to run weekly to monthly releases
- Communicate with the leadership team, product managers, and other engineers on business and technical priorities
- Develop our team’s software engineering skills and maturity (specifically mentoring junior engineers)
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 5 years of object-oriented software development experience
- 3 years building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
- Experience in understanding code bases, including RESTful API design techniques
- Experience with software engineering practices (unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with Android app performance metrics tools
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.