Senior Android Engineer
Growing to match our 30% growth over the last 12 months, we are looking for a Senior Android Engineer who will bring their talents and intellect to building out functionality that delivers innovative solutions and experiences for dedicated users across the globe.
Join a robust Mobile Engineering team that continues to innovate as the largest social media app in its category, with over 4M daily active users and 10M active monthly users.
In this role, you will work closely with the VP of Mobile Engineering, QA Engineers and Analysts, Product Managers, and other Engineers in building and maintaining a fast, reliable, app, while proactively looking for improvements to our product’s codebase.
- Use the latest technologies in working to evolve the software architecture for current and future needs in order to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products, while supporting the product roadmap (RxJava, Architecture Components, LiveData, and Room)
- Building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on our users needs
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and enhancing features, functionalities, and optimizations for performance
- Work directly with quality engineers to identify test cases and devise efficient, scalable testing processes to allow us to run weekly to monthly releases
- Communicate with the leadership team, product managers, and other engineers on business and technical priorities
- Developing our team’s software engineering skills and maturity (specifically in mentoring less experienced engineers)
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 5 years of object-oriented software development experience (Python, Java, RoR)
- 3 years building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
- Experience in understanding code bases, including RESTful API design techniques
- Experience with software engineering practices (unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with Android app performance metrics tools
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.