Security Operations Engineer at Grindr
Protecting our global users' and employees' information is very important to us; so is maintaining a creative, flexible, and efficient work environment.
Grindr is looking for a Security Operations Engineer expert to keep our data and intellectual property secure from all internal and external threats, both human and technological.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing the roll out of enterprise-wide security solutions; architecting solutions with both SbD and PbD principles, the technical expertise to lead implementation minimizing impact to operational requirements; and the ability to work with various stakeholders across the company on key milestones and to anticipate potential roadblocks. The candidate will also have the ability to collaborate with other teams, and the discipline to oversee third-party service providers.
- Provide architectural consultancy by collaborating with internal teams to secure our AWS environments, Kubernetes clusters and the systems running within them
- Develop/Deploy/Support Application and Infrastructure security checks and guardrails throughout the software development lifecycle (pre-commit, commit, build-time, acceptance, Prod/Post-production)
- Perform security design reviews for infrastructure and frontend-related projects
- Document and communicate security configuration and hardening guidelines for infrastructure components
- Craft automated security auditing and monitoring software and infrastructure related to the above
- Administer security-related infrastructure and applications
- Support infrastructure needs for other parts of the security team
- Assist in auditing third party partners
- 2 - 4 years of experience in Cloud Security
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms specifically AWS administration/architectural experience
- Experience with vulnerability management processes and tools (e.g. Nessus)
- Recent and meaningful work in securing containers and container orchestration frameworks- Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge of AWS native security tools (GuardDuty, SecurityHub, Shield)
- Offensive security-oriented mindset
- You possess a deep understanding and recent experience with Linux system administration and hardening experience
- You are proficient in scripting languages, such as Python, Bash or Golang
- You have knowledge of cryptography including x.509 certificates, encryption algorithms, and their practical applications
- You have experience performing threat modeling for systems and infrastructure to identify potential security issues
- (Preferred) Experience with Splunk log analysis
- You are dedicated to protecting the integrity of our security environment
- You love providing mentorship to internal teams surrounding security best practices
- You thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- (Preferred) Industry-accredited certifications such as AWS Certified Security-Specialty, GCP Professional Cloud Security Engineer, Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge, Security+, etc.
- (Preferred) Knowledge of or experience operating under regulatory, legal, and security best practices including the General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), USO 27001/27002
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- BLOOP - (In App) Each week we serve up freshly-juiced content highlighting user experiences, dating advice, grooming tips, queer pop culture & more.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 200% 401k Match
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
- Office Daily Catered Lunch (when not working from home)
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.