Security Engineer at TigerConnect
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Security Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director, IT
TigerConnect is looking for a Security Engineer who will be responsible for driving important IT and information security initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a background in systems engineering with an emphasis on information security. The Security Engineer will be responsible for design, implementation, security and support of TigerConnect’s IT cloud environment, services, infrastructure, and endpoints. Assist with the day-to-day information security operations and help with the implementation of the security strategy to enforce HIPAA compliance.
You will be expected to solve operational problems and help improve, streamline, and secure systems and data in the cloud. The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, a forward-thinking mindset as well as an eagerness to learn new skills and technologies.
What you’ll own:
- Management and troubleshooting of end-user security (Firewalls, VPN, antivirus, IDS, IPS, Logs monitoring).
- Complete various aspects of vulnerability assessment, vulnerability management, configuration and patch verification, and compliance oversight
- Design and build effective integrations between SaaS applications using RESTful APIs, iPaas, etc.
- Identify security control issues and emerging risks; develop opportunities for improvement and work with management to ensure timely and effective remediation
- Conduct information security control and policy reviews
- Ensure compliance with applicable security standards and requirements
- Responsible for our endpoint management/MDM software and strategy.
- Drive process and systems standardization, continuous improvement, and automation.
- Build and enhance infrastructure monitoring, configuration management, reporting and alerting systems.
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years experience in information technology including 2+ years focused on security, ideally within a SaaS or technology startup environment
- Strong scripting and automation experience. Proficiency in at least one scripting language.
- Experience developing and maintaining IT standard operating procedures and playbooks
- Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, RADIUS, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless.
- Background in cybersecurity best practices, including strong experience implementing compliance controls for one or more security frameworks such as NIST 800-53, ISO 27002, HITRUST, and FEDRAMP.
- Background in networking administration and troubleshooting
Who We Are:
TigerConnect is healthcare’s most widely adopted communication platform – uniquely modernizing care collaboration among doctors, nurses, care teams, and patients. TigerConnect is the only solution that combines a consumer-like user experience for both clinical and patient communication with serious security, privacy, and clinical workflow requirements that today’s healthcare organizations demand. TigerConnect accelerates productivity, reduces costs, and improves patient outcomes. Trusted by more than 7,000 healthcare organizations, TigerConnect maintains 99.99% verifiable uptime and processes more than 10 million messages each day. We are recognized as a top Cyber Security Company to Know, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, Best Places to Work in Healthcare 5 years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019) and Built In LA’s 2021 Best Places to Work, Best Midsize Companies to Work, Best Paying Companies and Best Perks & Benefits.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.