At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for experienced software engineers to be part of our Engineering team.
Pharmacy Systems is responsible for the adjudication, payment processing and routing platforms that drive GoodRx claim processing.
The SDET of Pharmacy Systems will be responsible for development and maintenance of automation tests and strategies for backend services and APIs as well as pharmacy claim testing. In this role you will be involved in the design, implementation and deployment of new or existing services and APIs needed to support new product functionality. You’ll also be collaborating with other engineering teams within GoodRx.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas into production-ready solutions in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You should also be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to review system requirements and technical design documents
- Perform manual and automated pharmacy claim testing
- Create, design, implement, and maintain automation frameworks and test scripts
- Work with world class QA engineer to convert manual tests in to automated tests
- Devise test strategies to adequately cover requirements, develop high-level test scenarios that implement the strategy, and elaborate scenarios into detailed test cases
- Conduct testing, maintenance, and validation on all software products
- Perform regression testing and debugging directly Verify code patches and bug fixes
- Analyze and document test results and create detailed defect reports
- Be an advocate for QA and SDETs, help rethink, and improve processes and metrics
- Be on top of the latest frameworks and tools
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ yrs of SDET experience
- 2+ years of experience with healthcare transactions such as NCPDP or x12;(NCPDP)
- Solid understanding of healthcare claims processing
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- 2+ years of experience with automation frameworks testing Web Apps, Mobile Apps, API’s, using frameworks such as: Selenium, Xcode UI tests, and Appium
- Hands on experience using source control systems such as GitHub and understand git workflow
- Hands on experience with cross browser compatibility testing of web applications
- Use of compatibility testing services such as browserstack or saucelabs
- Hands on experience working with continuous integration tool (We use Jenkins)
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Strong knowledge of writing technical documentation/defects and issues
- Solid knowledge of SQL and how to turn data into meaningful results
- Experience with Cucumber/Gherkin is a plus
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
- Strong Widows or Linux fundamentals (comfortable in shell environments)
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Knowledge of agile quality and testing methods preferred (BDD, TDD, Unit Testing and Automation)
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.