Robotic Software Engineer
Greater LA Area
Relativity seeks a highly talented Robotic Software Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will help build the core of our robotic 3D printing and automation capability via the development of world-class robotic hardware and software to manufacture orbital rockets. A high degree of autonomy and leadership is required.
- Work with design and manufacturing teams to develop, design, and implement industrial robotic cells.
- Define, implement, diagnose, and modify programmable logic controller (PLC), distributed control system (DCS), and power distribution systems.
- Develop software tools both independently and in collaboration with other team members to aid in the control of path planning, sensor data collection, quality determination, and system operation.
- Determine requirements to design and then develop Human Machine Interfaces (HMI).
- Develop life cycle documents, control architecture, SOP and operating standards.
- Communicate and meet with vendors to procure job and application specific components with the latest technology offered for industrial automated system/robotic work cells.
- Participate in planning meetings, design/code reviews, define milestones for their respective projects, and demo results to the team.
- BS or MS in electrical, computer, or robotics engineering.
- Programming experience with multi purpose language C/C++
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language such as python (preferred)
- Familiarity with software development life cycle processes.
- Familiarity with source code control systems such as Git.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and intense startup environment.
- Ability to complete projects with ownership of end-to-end solutions and minimal oversight.
- Proven judgment in making coupled technical and business decisions balancing both big picture and execution-oriented factors.
- Knowledge of power distribution, PLC, DSC, and industrial control panels.
- Familiarity in debugging robotic controller/interface issues.
- Familiarity with manufacturing communication protocols such as EtherCAT.
- Experience in automation and industrial robotics.
- Strong hands-on robotic programming experience preferably with Kuka robots.
- Hands-on experience in setting up machine safety circuits.
- Experience with industrial lasers and their integration in robotic cells.
- Experience with arc welding systems.
- Ability to review part designs for automated production and provide feedback to design teams.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
Read Full Job Description