RF/Microwave Engineer - (On-Site) at The Aerospace Corporation (El Segundo, CA)
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Main mission - the disciplines of communications, networking, and PNT (Position, Navigation, and Timing) in support of space missions, along with their enabling technologies, are the domain of the Communication Technologies and Engineering Division (CTED). CTED projects comprise all aspects, from architectures to prototypes to implementation, theoretical to hands-on. Our engineers work directly with corporate and U.S. Government customers to ensure robust and resilient communications.
We are seeking to hire an RF/Microwave Engineer to support the Communication Electronics Department (CED) of the Aerospace Corporation. The selected individual will be performing circuit analysis, designing microwave circuits, making measurements, and analyzing test results-and that's only one days' efforts. We offer more project flexibility and personal responsibility as well as more impact on our national space programs than the usual engineering company. Our academic-like collegial atmosphere encourages collaboration with and continued learning from our engineers who are leaders in their fields of expertise. We're also ready to learn from you.
*This role will require on site support in El Segundo, but have the flexibility to support in a hybrid work model (20%).
What You'll Be Doing
- Provide subject matter expertise in microwave components, units, and systems
- Develop and apply advanced microwave measurement techniques
- Perform budget, circuit (ADS or Microwave Office), and full-wave simulations of microwave components, and systems
- Operate large-scale microwave payload emulator test sets
- Solve microwave hardware anomalies using analytical methods and experimental setups
- Collaborate onsite with other engineers and technicians
- Mentor junior technical and technician staff.
What You Need to be Successful
Minimum Requirements :
- A Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline required
- Minimum of 5-years of experience performing circuit analysis, designing microwave circuits, making measurements, and analyzing test results
- Technical experience in the following microwave engineering areas
- Microwave circuit theory using ADS or Microwave Office
- Operation/instrument control of network analyzers, and oscilloscopes
- Data/signal analysis using Python OR Matlab
- Microwave Transmitter/Receiver hardware
- Demonstrated creativity in problem-solving, an ability to rapidly grasp new concepts, and excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel domestically approximately 10%
- For this specific position and the U.S. Government program we support, the chosen candidate will need to be of U.S. Citizenship as they will need to have the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance at a Top-Secret Level.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- PhD in electrical engineering, related engineering, or physics discipline
- Demonstrated ability to build RF hardware and/or systems
- In-depth experience with any of the following microwave specialty areas:
- Amplifier design and theory
- PLL/oscillator design and theory
- High-power RF SSPA or TWTA
- Communication Systems Engineering
- Currently hold an active DOD - Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI access.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$108,000 - $119,000 - $130,000
Pay Basis: Annual
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.