(Remote, Hungary) Senior Software Developer at WELL Health
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email and telephone. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA for two consecutive years. Additionally, WELL Health is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies, and #133 on Deloitte’s 2021 Technology Fast 500. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
WELL Health is looking for a talented, experienced backend developer to join our new Budapest office. This developer will primarily be working with Node.js. As a Senior Backend Engineer at WELL Health in Budapest, you will work in either a dedicated backend team, or in a cross functional team of backend and frontend engineers.
You will work with the rest of the team to maintain and grow features in the backend code base. This will include supporting Node.js web facing APIs, writing SQL queries, automating interactions with partner APIs, and enhancing the core infrastructure that underlies our scheduled and realtime patient-provider communications capability.
As a Senior Developer, you will bring strong expertise in high throughput, highly available backend architecture, and a demonstrated commitment to training and technical mentoring of less experienced team members.
In addition to being a strong developer, you will have a keen interest in how software and modern communication channels can improve the patient experience. You will also have the attention to detail and quality needed to meet high Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in a product that serves roughly 30+ million patients annually. You will also be flexible and adaptable enough to thrive in a fluid startup environment.
Our Budapest office is just spinning up. It is intended as a full featured location, part of WELL Health’s commitment to both building and offering our products and services globally. The product managers and designers that guide your Scrum team will be located with you onsite.
Our Stack: Node, Typescript, Express, Nest, Postgres, Mongo, AWS, Hasura, Temporal.io, React and Redux
- Maintain existing and build new backend services using Typescript on Node.js, open source technology and tools including NestJS and Express.
- As an experienced engineer, you will help your team adhere to software best practices, level up others in your areas of expertise, and make significant contributions to the architecture of our ongoing refactor project.
- Collaborate with the product team in an agile environment to break down requirements, plan and estimate tasks.
- Drive quality by writing effective unit, integration and e2e tests for high availability systems and libraries.
- Create high availability and high throughput systems using Redis, Postgres, Kinesis, S3, MongoDB, EventBridge and other AWS services.
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, Client Success, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical).
- Opportunity to work with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform) and frontend (React) if desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years designing and implementing backend services and distributed systems in a professional environment
- High level of proficiency in SQL (PostgreSQL) database design, including query optimization.
- Experienced working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
- Commitment to testing best practices
- Collaboration/contributions with the open source community
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with:
- Event sourced and microservice architecture
- Domain Driven Design
WORKING AT WELL
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams
LOCATION: Budapest, Hungary
Today, all WELL Health positions are remote, and we are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work. We are looking for candidates that would be open to working out of the Budapest office post-pandemic. If this role sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to apply! We are happy to discuss any WFH preferences with the right candidate
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL Health are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. WELL Health is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL Health is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.