Release Engineer at Pluto TV
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
At Pluto TV, we approach development, testing and product releases differently -- we are developing, testing and breaking code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Release Engineering supports Pluto TV’s release process from inception to production and ensures quality has been embedded into all aspects of the SDLC before releasing products. As a Release Engineer, you partner with all departments (Engineering, Software Test, Product Management, Program Management) to facilitate and communicate release milestones, activities & announcements, including the facilitation of Incident Management procedures. The RE will also act as a representative of the Software Test & Operations Engineering Team in scrum meetings and provide input on how to provide better process, ensuring quality and consistency for the applications supported.
- Daily monitoring of project release dates and resolving schedule conflicts identified within an Agile based environment.
- Create, maintain and evangelize release checklists that include all approvals from various departments to authorize a product release.
- Disciplined enforcement of release milestone definitions and checklist item completion.
- Implementing, maintaining, and invoking automation scripts used to build and release Pluto-TV products to millions of customers.
- Contribute to the development of “CI/CD” pipeline.
- Frequent communication with product line stake-holders to ensure full transparency on schedule expectations.
- Constantly improving processes to avoid the previous occasions.
- Management of usage scheduling and management of test environments.
- 2+ years Release Engineering experience within an enterprise environment, performing production releases
- 2+ years of tool scripting experience (Python preferred)
- 2+ years working with Cloud Services Infrastructure (AWS preferred): Strong knowledge of the following or their equivalents:
○ EC2 and VPC networking
○ Terraform or CloudFormation
- 1+ year as administrator for CI tool (CircleCI, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- 2+ years as power-user/administrator on Atlassian Suite (Jira/Confluence)
- 2+ years power-user of Git/Mercurial (GitHub)