Quality Inspector (Manufacturing Floor Inspection) at Relativity Space
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Manufacturing team at Relativity Space pulls together the efforts of all other vehicle and manufacturing teams to deliver flight-ready vehicles for test and launch. To meet our goals, we will build best in class manufacturing, test, and quality control processes to keep our team moving fast while still producing high quality, well understood products. The Quality Inspector will be responsible for inspecting piece parts, subassemblies and launch vehicles throughout the assembly process. This role will be responsible for executing inspection plans and assuring the quality of our development and flight hardware.
What you’ll do:
- Using engineering drawings and inspection plans as a guide, perform visual and functional inspections on flight hardware using micrometers, gauges, etc.
- Document any non-conformances and deviations found
- Verify completion of Engineering Dispositions for non-conformances meet communicated intent.
- Work alongside Manufacturing to develop and write inspection plans and procedures for future builds
What you need to know:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Quality Inspector.
- Experience using GD&T and standard inspection tools, including calipers and micrometers.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions.
- At least 1 year of experience with AS 9100, ISO 9001, or similar QMS.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted, stand for extended period of time.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Computer skills in operating Microsoft Office.
- Experience at an aerospace or automotive start-up.
- Experience with NX, TeamCenter.
- Familiar with in-process build inspections and/or precision inspection techniques.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.