To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to support Virgin Hyperloop in new product development of electro-mechanical solutions (linear power, magnetics, power converters, batteries, etc.), manufacturing integration, supplier engagement, product verification, technical data review(s) and quality system management. This is a contract position with a duration expectation of 3-6 months. The duration can increase in duration dependent on company needs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The successful candidate will perform product design reviews, supplier assessments, and quality plans for the development and integration of new a transportation vehicle. Additional key responsibilities include:
- Champion initiatives that drive value engineering opportunities upstream to impact the cost of quality
- Utilize Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methodology to statistically optimize engineering/process performance
- Qualify new suppliers, develop established suppliers, and conceptualize industrialization strategies
- Spearhead supplier manufacturing process development by focusing on mitigating risk to product launch
- Enable suppliers to meet design and quality objectives by deploying expertise in Design for Excellence (DfX)
- Utilize lean manufacturing tools to streamline processes, implement robust solutions, and resolve systemic issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including design, manufacturing, and materials engineering to solve technical issues and NCR management for development builds
- Leverage Design of Experiments (DOE) to optimize ineffective and inefficient processes
- Lead quality system review, continuous improvement initiatives, and inspection plan creation
- Perform verification of electrical & mechanical products prescribed in the design requirements
- Lead internal and external process and product audits (i.e. ISO 9001, AS9100, etc.)
- Conduct, review, and approve First Article Inspection reports per AS9102 or equivalent
- Perform technical analysis of systems engineering products such as Requirements, Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews, Systems Engineering Master Plans, and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) submittals
- Conduct failure analysis, review root cause, an approve corrective and preventive actions (CAR/PAR)
- Facilitate APQP and PPAP activities by setting up the infrastructure to transition from prototypes to repeatable long-term production
- Guide stakeholders on FMEAs, Process Flow Diagrams, Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis (MSA) studies, and Run at Rate analysis
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a field related to Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing and/or quality background in electrical and mechanical assembly
- Hands-on working knowledge of GD&T ASME Y14.5
- Demonstrated ability in reading/understanding blueprints and technical manuals and reports
- Experience reading, reviewing, and approving shop and fabrication drawings
- Working knowledge of Li-ion batteries and Battery Management Systems
- Familiar with code compliance such as UL, NEC, IEC, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with CATIA, Minitab, Jira
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Willing and capable of traveling to suppliers as required