QA/Software Support Specialist
The main function of this role is to support the Medely platform, web application and our team of engineers and to provide QA support to create a better experience for the thousands of medical professionals, hospitals and outpatient facilities that use our platform.
What you will do:
- Partner with product owners and developers to define feature requirements, acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects
- Define test plans, QA processes, and reporting requirements
- Orchestrate and execute test plans and regression testing suites; conduct analysis on outputs to help direct development direction
- Trouble-shoot/qualify cases before escalating to engineering.
- Triage reported bugs and issues from Customer Experience, stakeholders, and other channels with the product team
- Be the first point of contact for internal stakeholder concerns relating to technical issues and represent their needs to the product and engineering teams.
- Become an expert and trusted resource for answers regarding product functionality and usage.
The skills we are looking for:
- Have a basic understanding of Ruby, Node, Java, Python, and/or Ruby on Rails. We do not require coding experience, but the candidate for this job should be able to point out inconsistencies or troubleshoot possible issues.
- PostgreSQL experience - this is a database intensive product, so the ability to troubleshoot PostgreSQL and database queries (i.e. ability to assess issues with client queries such as too many, too inefficient or find basic problems with data integrity)
- Must have a strong background and understanding of web technologies
- Familiarity with software testing
- Communication (both written and verbal), utilizing strong interpersonal skills in your day-to-day work
- Understanding the full software development life cycle
- Working with project management tools like Jira and Asana
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: QUALIFICATIONS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Education: BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or other technical training and equivalent experience
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical applications
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and be willing to roll up your sleeves and execute!
- Knowledge of other OO programming languages and familiarity with tools like PostgreSQL and Redis
- QA Testing - experience with writing the test plans, use cases, and issue reports
- Experience with APIs (REST and GraphQL)
WHY MEDELY: BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Compensation: Based on experience and performance
- Healthcare Benefits: Full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k
- Flexibility: We believe that work/life balance is important, so we offer three weeks of vacation on top of ten paid holidays
- Energetic team environment: The tight-knit Medely team can often be found together at bi-weekly team meetings, weekly lunches, and community hangouts
- Purpose: Join a growing mission-oriented startup that is modernizing the healthcare industry on a national scale!
- Ownership: Drive meaningful business impact through the build of exceptional products
Medely connects medical facilities with top-quality, pre-screened independent healthcare professionals. The Medely team believes that empowering healthcare professionals will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly higher quality to patient care. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the way healthcare staffing is done. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today’s toughest challenges in healthcare.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities
Medley does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. We consider any resume (CV) or biography received from an agency or outside recruiter without prior written approval from a member of the Medely Human Resources or Recruiting team to be unsolicited and gratuitous, and such submissions will not be recognized by Medely for purposes of “ownership” of the candidate.