What we are looking for:
An experienced Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to join who will be entrusted with managing and building a team of skilled QA Analysts and Testers. Working from our headquarters in Long Beach, CA, you will apply creative testing methodologies that straddle both hardware and software development. You will strategically organize your QA team to offer the best coverage while also maintaining close relationships with our Software and Hardware Engineers, Product Managers, Program Managers, Release Engineers, Customer Support, and Tools teams. You are intrinsically motivated to listen and deliver high quality experiences to our community of users, otherwise known as Zwifters!
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and London.
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people, even in your remote work setting. Although there are amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Different perspectives are important, they allow us to continually grow and evolve - One Zwift for All!
Did we mention that we encourage you to workout while you work from home? Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including headspace, unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams distributed across multiple locations
- Implement and enhance QA methodologies to ensure delivery of predictable, high-quality product releases
- Guide the design and development of testing strategies based on project requirements
- Build and grow a team of exceptional QA Analysts and Testers
- Effectively hire, coach and manage diverse QA teams
- Gather, analyze and report on metrics to demonstrate business value and continuous improvement
- Creatively solve technical QA challenges by collaborating with your team
- Provide information for the product team to make go/no-go decisions
- Drive effective and timely execution of test cases through tools, automation, and creativity
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years of software, AAA games, and LiveOps game testing experience
- A strong leader with 3+ years managing QA teams of 10-15 people
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent experience
- Applied QA expertise in a live operations environment with frequent releases
- Deep understanding and experience in QA methodologies, tools, and practices
- Experience leading teams who test full-stack, client-server web applications, and native apps
- 5+ years using JIRA, confluence and a test case management plug-in such as Zephyr
- Ability to teach how to write effective and efficient test cases based on complex systems and features
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience testing mobile applications on iOS and Android devices
- Passion for cycling, running, and/or fitness industries
Of course we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer