Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC. Then let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living and do it better than most! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in those top two/top five/top ten lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads, which is almost the entire American population!
We were voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA. Our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, Freecell, Match & Rescue, Destination Solitaire and Spider Solitaire. Our vision is to create most exciting game apps and have fun doing. MobilityWare has over 175 employees as of May 2018.
What's The Gig
We need a software QA Lead and it could be you! We are looking for a highly creative, organized and talented QA Lead with incredible interpersonal skills and the software development experience to match. The AdTech group at MobilityWare is building a platform of shared services and client components in support of the studio's portfolio of casual mobile games. Our services are the glue that carry our players from game to game and enable great social experiences and are critical to the revenue generating monetization platform. We build tools that help our game teams get great content into the players' hands faster and more reliably. Your job will be to help lead the quality automation for server and client-side solutions used to connect our clients to platform and 3rd party services as well as reviewing and supervising some of our off-site support staff.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a team of remote quality analysts in the delivery of QA deliverables.
- Assigns tasks, monitors work progress and sets standards to ensure quality output from the team.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate quality assurance activities across projects with project managers.
- Collaborate with Product and AdOps team to translate functional requirements into test cases.
- Work alongside DevOps Engineers to integrate test harnesses into the program’s CI/CD pipelines to automate the building, validation, and deployment of code across environments.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree (or equivalent) in a field such as Computer Science or Math
- You have led a group of manual and test automation analysts on an Agile team in planning and conducting a wide range of quality assurance tests and analyses to validate that all application products and services meet organizational standards and end-user requirements.
- You will have identified the appropriate test strategy and mix of manual and automation testing methods, leveraging automation wherever possible.
- 5+ years experience, Quality Assurance Process Skillset - Test Estimation, Test case Preparation, Test Execution, Defect Management
- 2+ years experience in QA testing web-based applications
- 1+ years experience in QA testing backend applications (REST services, platforms)
- Experience with Agile-Scrum and other Agile methodologies.
- Prior hands on experience with manual testing, executing automation scripts and regression testing
- Prior experience with tools like Testrail, JIRA is preferred.
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility