QA Engineer at ChowNow
Within 1 month, you’ll...
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Complete Engineering Training, learning about our software development process, tools, technology stack, and architecture.
- Join a Product Squad, meet squad members and take ownership of testing new feature development.
Within 3 months, you’ll...
- Learn our business model and how it translates to platform architecture, products, and features.
- Master testing strategies and collaborative processes.
- Collaborate with a Product Manager to discover the breadth of testing desired to ensure quality.
- Contribute to testing documentation and automation to evaluate and improve on their effectiveness.
- Help determine the root cause of bugs using knowledge of software internals and logs to debug.
- Participate in a product feature release by creating and executing a test plan.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Make a tangible impact on our process workflow by reducing cycle times as well as ensuring a quality product.
- Understand major feature areas of our applications and be comfortable navigating the product.
- Able to review code changes and collaborate with developers to understand the scope of changes.
- Take ownership of a large piece of a product, or an entire product, from analyzing requirements to test planning and execution through approval for release.
Within 12 months, you’ll...
- Test within reliable estimates to meet release dates.
- Contribute to the quality and automation strategy by identifying opportunities for improvement and collaborating on solutions.
- Become an expert in diagnosing issues reported by non-technical staff and end-users.
- Feel comfortable as a knowledge leader, contributing to teaching others and continuing to learn.
- Be an essential part of growing our team by fully participating in the hiring interview process.
You Should Apply If:
- You have experience testing new product features and enhancements based on an understanding of functional and design requirements.
- You enjoy performing exploratory testing and thorough regression testing to safeguard against breaking existing features.
- You are comfortable presenting defects to a Software Engineer in a clear and concise manner, even if it means critiquing their work.
- You are knowledgeable about a variety of interfaces including REST APIs, SQL, and web browser dev tools.
- You have used Python (or another programming/scripting language) for user-level automation or have worked with automated tests as part of the testing cycle.
- You desire to play an active role in reviewing product requirements, pointing out any gaps and ambiguities that could save everyone time down the line.
- You seek to take part in shaping the internal QA process: outlining test plans, writing and maintaining test cases, executing tests, and providing feedback and approval for releases.
- You enjoy working in an iterative, agile development process with frequent cycles.
- You thrive in environments supporting your growth, and where you can support others.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap