Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space, starting with rockets. Our competitive edge comes from the cost and lead time advantages afforded by radically simple designs using additive manufacturing and automation.
You will lead the development of the valves and mechanisms used on our Aeon-1 and Aeon-vac propulsion systems. In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects into completion. This position is ideal for early-career engineers looking experience in a small, high-performance team.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop component specifications
- Work with vendors on component development and production, including product definition, testing, and issue resolution
- Develop and execute component flight qualification and acceptance test plans (e.g. vibration, shock, thermal cycle, life cycle, burst, etc.)
- Provide technical support for test operations at headquarters, test and launch sites, and at vendor locations
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field
- Strong understanding of fluid, thermal, and structural fundamentals
- Strong drive to deliver on ambitious schedules
- Clear evidence of ownership from school or work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.