Process Development Engineer II - Vehicle & Tooling
The Process Development Team breathes life into hyperloop sub-systems, turning hyperloop design dreams into cold, hard reality. The team serves as a cross-functional bridge within the company, enabling the development and production of real hyperloop hardware. From early prototyping to mass production, Process Development Engineers work together with Design Engineers, Project Managers, Test Engineers, and when applicable, external partners to bring innovative design concepts to physical fruition.
In this role, you will develop, implement and maintain a robust manufacturing processes for General Assembly of the hyperloop pod vehicle. Processes include tooling and equipment procurement, setup and commissioning.
As the Process Development Engineer, you will:
- Identify and manage equipment and tooling needs including procurement, setup, verification, commissioning, and maintenance
- Evaluate the current assembly processes and determine how tooling and equipment can increase safety, ergonomics, and efficiency
- Coordinate detailed mock-up of assemblies for analysis by Design Engineering and Process Development departments
- Assist Lead Process Development Engineer in developing an efficient and safe General Assembly process for the hyperloop vehicle
- Develop and promote a safe working environment by evaluating current and future assembly processes for safety and proper ergonomics
- Utilize 2D/3D CAD software to communicate concepts, processes, equipment and tooling placement, and create a virtual build environment
- Write standard operation procedures, manuals, and safety documentation for General Assembly tooling and equipment
You an engineer who has built mechanical or electrical systems, vehicles, complex hardware and/or structural assemblies and can prove it. You're able to chart a path forward through ambiguity and lack of definition. You're articulate and can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent skills in the following: communication, organization, spatial imagination, mechanical assembly and judgment. You're self-directed and a true team player!
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Solid manufacturing experience with tooling and equipment setup and commissioning
- Demonstrated talent and track record in process evaluation, development and improvement
- Knowledge of Six Sigma evaluation and implementation
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and methodologies
- Ability to interpret and extract CAD information (no designing experience needed)
- Proficient in MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD&T) terminologies and associations
- B.S. or higher in engineering field
- Strong experience in vehicle or transportation manufacturing experience with tooling and equipment commissioning
- Six Sigma and Kaizen experience
- Familiarity with high-voltage systems and associated safety equipment and procedures
- Familiarity with automated manufacturing processes and equipment
- Hands-on fabrication experience
- Proficient in digital visualization of assembly processes
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.