Principal Software Engineer
Greater LA Area
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? If the answer is YES, then we have the right job for you.
We at Core Digital Media are building the next generation web applications with modern architecture and infrastructure and are looking for experienced, high-octane Principal Software Engineer to join our team in Playa Vista, CA.
- Analyze and troubleshoot applications in a timely fashion.
- Review design and code to ensure they are architecturally sound.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineers.
- Develop prototype systems to demonstrate the capabilities of the proposed solution.
- Evaluate existing components for re-usability and applicability.
- Investigate and review 3rd party tools for applicability to the overall solution.
- Demonstrate strong communication skill, problem solving ability, logic, and analytical skills.
- Work with engineers to plan, prioritize and execute the tasks within deadline.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology tools and trends, and apply those tools to improving business processes.
- Articulate and document the application architecture vision.
- Hands-on experience with scalable and highly available consumer facing web application development & testing
- Experience with Microservices, Gateways, Service Discovery etc.
- Experience with industry standard architecture and design methodologies and processes
- Performance modeling, profiling, monitoring, and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Test Driven development experience with a clear understanding of the tool stack. Expertise in unit test, building Integration, smoke and regression testing suite and code coverage process.
- 6+ years of experience in software development and testing using Java, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate and Web technologies.
- Proficient in programming languages and concepts around API services and Interfaces: Java SE and EE, API development concepts and abstracts (JSON, Swagger, RESTful).
- Experience with data stores and caching technologies like Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, Redis
- Experience with Kafka, JMS technologies
- Experience with cloud computing providers like AWS is a big plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with application performance management and troubleshooting solutions like DynaTrace, Splunk etc.
Read Full Job Description