Principal Software Engineer at Core Digital Media
- Analyze and troubleshoot applications in a timely fashion.
- Review design and code to ensure they are architecturally sound.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineers.
- Develop prototype systems to demonstrate the capabilities of the proposed solution.
- Evaluate existing components for re-usability and applicability.
- Investigate and review 3rd party tools for applicability to the overall solution.
- Demonstrate strong communication skill, problem solving ability, logic, and analytical skills.
- Work with engineers to plan, prioritize and execute the tasks within deadline.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology tools and trends, and apply those tools to improving business processes.
- Articulate and document the application architecture vision.
- Hands-on experience with scalable and highly available consumer facing web application development & testing
- Experience with Microservices, Gateways, Service Discovery etc.
- Experience with industry standard architecture and design methodologies and processes
- Performance modeling, profiling, monitoring, and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Test Driven development experience with a clear understanding of the tool stack. Expertise in unit test, building Integration, smoke and regression testing suite and code coverage process.
- 6+ years of experience in software development and testing using Java, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate and Web technologies.
- Proficient in programming languages and concepts around API services and Interfaces: Java SE and EE, API development concepts and abstracts (JSON, Swagger, RESTful).
- Experience with data stores and caching technologies like Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, Redis
- Experience with Kafka, JMS technologies
- Experience with cloud computing providers like AWS is a big plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with application performance management and troubleshooting solutions like DynaTrace, Splunk etc.