Principal Engineer, Data Ingestion
PatientPop is a healthcare technology company that helps practices thrive with an all in one practice growth solution. Our platform empowers practices to promote themselves online, attract patients, and retain them for life. We improve every digital touchpoint along the patient journey, so patients can easily find and choose a practice, and become their advocate. We also improve every aspect of a practice’s online presence to help them attract the right patients to their services, and keep them coming back.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work
How will you contribute:
- Build and rollout a central data ingestion and publishing platform that facilitates data exchange for 1000s of customers in real-time across 100s of third party services
- Gain adoption internally on data ingestion/publishing platform by training engineers on usage and value of central platform
- Develop first use case for ingestion and publishing platform by exchanging data with different third party medical systems using a variety of methodologies such as HL7, FHIR, APIs or web based UI extraction and make it available through the Integration Platform
- Provide APIs and integrate PatientPop’s EMR integration platform with other PatientPop products and core data services (insurance, patients, providers, practices, etc.)
- Event driven systems and microservices
- API orchestration, routing, and choreography
- Discovering emerging technologies or designing new architecture patterns to influence the engineering direction
- Mentoring engineers and maturing the engineering department
- Playing a key role on a high visibility/impact project in software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of leading-edge technologies, project management and software development/delivery.
Our tech stack:
- Language/Runtime: ES6, Python 3
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Framework/Runtime: Node.js, Flask
- Database: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Dynamo, Neo4j
- Events: Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Service: ECS, Lambda
Skills that will help you be successful in this role:
- 15+ years’ experience as a software engineer
- 5+ years’ experience with modern data ingestion platforms such as: Apache Airflow, AWS Glue, and/or Luigi
- 10 years’ experience with Node.js, Python, or Java using frameworks like Spring or Django
- Experience with event-driven technologies (Kafka, Kinesis, SQS, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with relational (MySQL, Postgres) and nonrelational (Redis, Dynamo, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Hbase)
- Experience with Microservices and scalable object-oriented RESTFUL web services
- Must have an understanding of distributed design patterns using cloud-based systems including AWS
- Comfortable with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile environments
- Team-oriented and collaborative, capacity to mentor junior team members
- Leadership ability, excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Reverse engineering experience is a plus
- You’re curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- You’re a go-getter and seek ownership of projects with the demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- You love working with some of the best world class engineers, product managers and architects.
- You strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Flexible Schedule
- Dog friendly
- Weekly catered lunches
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- And many more perks!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.