Principal Software Engineer, Backend (Saas, Automation & Dashboard)
PatientPop is a healthcare technology company that helps practices thrive with an all in one practice growth solution. Our platform empowers practices to promote themselves online, attract patients, and retain them for life. We improve every digital touchpoint along the patient journey, so patients can easily find and choose a practice, and become their advocate. We also improve every aspect of a practice’s online presence to help them attract the right patients to their services, and keep them coming back.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work
We are currently looking for a Principal Engineer with backend focus to join our Saas, Automation and Dashboard team. This is someone who can use code based strategy to support PatientPop’s long term engineering roadmap, while mentoring and helping drive technical decisions.
How you will contribute:
- Building end to end products or widely used features that significantly impact PatientPop’s revenue and margin.
- Discovering emerging technologies or designing new architecture patterns to influence the engineering direction
- Mentoring engineers and maturing the engineering department
- Architect a system then lead a small team to deliver (case by case)
Our tech stack:
- Language: Python 3, Node JS, JS, CSS
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Framework: Flask, ES6, Vue
- Database: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Dynamo, Neo4j
- Events: Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Service: ECS, Lambda
Skills you’ll bring:
- Experience building Saas products
- Experience with authorization and authentication
- Experience with relational (MySQL, Postgres) databases
- Experience with topic based event-driven technologies (Kafka, kinesis, SQS, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ) using techniques such as event sourcing
- Experience with Microservices and scalable object-oriented RESTFUL web services
- Must have an understanding of distributed design patterns using cloud-based systems including AWS
- Comfortable with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile environments
- Team-oriented and collaborative, capacity to mentor junior team members
- Leadership ability, excellent written and verbal English skills.
- You’re curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- You’re a go-getter and seek ownership of projects with the demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- You love working with some of the best world class engineers, product managers and architects.
- You strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Dog friendly
- Weekly catered lunches
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- 2 Blocks from the beach and next to the promenade
- And many more perks!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.