Principal Security Engineer at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Principal IT Security Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Principal IT Security Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the technical aspects of security that reduce potential risk to the company and our business systems. You’ll work closely with Cloud Engineering, Product, Network Engineering, Security Operations, and other IT teams to design solutions, provide oversight, and drive security projects. Success in this technical role requires fluency in security automation, system security, network security, compliance, and incident response.
This position reports to the Director, IT Security & Engineering and can be based in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, Austin, TX office, or work remotely from anywhere in the US. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Focus on security and reliability to identify gaps and add tooling and automation to support our security systems
- Implement and support tools necessary to build a world class security organization
- Evaluate new tools and techniques to create innovative and practical security solutions, as well as gather requirements and build innovative solutions around open-source and proprietary tools
- Provide security expertise in support of AWS service teams
- Directly represent the team to business leaders and technical staff at all levels of the company
- Perform hands-on security threat modeling, risk assessment, and operational security analysis
- Prepare and present detailed, written technical information for internal and external audiences
- Mentor junior engineers and help develop training plans for yourself and junior engineers
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- 12+ years of experience in a technical security role or combination of technical and educational experience
- Experience working with Ruby and/or Python with advanced knowledge of Bash and Git, as well as a strong understanding of Linux Operating Systems and to a lesser extent Windows
- Extensive knowledge of Internet security issues, cloud architectures, threat landscape and virtualization technologies, especially with AWS services
- Advanced skill level with mastery of most operating systems commands/utilities, CIFs, DHCP, DNS, A/D, TCP/IP
- A working knowledge of agile software development principles, CI/CD methodologies, some knowledge of Chef and/or Ansible
- An understanding of network and application security threats, attack techniques and mitigation options
- Certified Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC or other certifications, highly preferred and AWS Certifications and/or Network Security Certifications a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment, and development programs, and friends & family events.