Principal Network and Cloud Engineer at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. We are looking for a Principal Network and Cloud Engineer to join our growing team at our headquarters in Long Beach, CA. In this role, you will be part of a team supporting our company’s efforts in designing and implementing complex Networking and Cloud Architectures supporting all aspects of our. You will be responsible for designing, engineering, and supporting all aspects of Networking and Cloud Engineering for our company, working closely with engineering and IT teams to implement robust solutions and create meaningful network and cloud instrumentation.
To be successful in this role, you should have 7+ years of experience as an Network Engineering Professional and 5+ years of experience as a Cloud Engineering Professional, ideally in a mix of small-to-midsized, high-growth environments as well as large enterprise environments with a heavy focus on technology, engineering, and manufacturing. Prior experience in designing and building network architectures in complex hybrid-cloud environments, network security, performance and capacity analysis and instrumentation, and a deep passion for hands-on technical problem solving are critical. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about technology and finding ways to automate tasks, and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
Come join our mission of building humanity in space!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
To help us secure our rapidly growing 3D printing capabilities and rocket manufacturing, as a Principal Network and Cloud Engineer at Relativity, you will
- Enhance Relativity’s Information technology team to support our rapid growth across multiple sites.
- Design reliable, high-speed networking solutions to support unique video and telemetry requirements.
- Architect network security controls to enforce multiple layers of defensive security.
- Detect, research, analyze, prevent, and mitigate network capacity and performance issues.
- Ensure we continue to implement and follow best practices across our network and cloud infrastructure to achieve our mission and goals.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field to include one of the following (computer science, computer information systems, computer networking) and 7+ years of experience in network engineering
- Expert working knowledge of cloud network architecture and tools
- Expert working knowledge of routing and switching
- Expert working knowledge of network security including firewalls, 802.1x (NAC), and traffic analysis
- Expert working knowledge of network performance monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Deep knowledge of Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Strong experience with IPSEC point to point and client VPN technologies
- Significant experience performing network problem triage
- Strong experience with wireless networking
- Deep knowledge of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technologies
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Master’s degree in a technical field to include one of the following (computer science, computer information systems, network security), and 7+ years of experience in network engineering
- Expert knowledge or certification for Azure Networking
- Experience across all lines of products from Fortinet, as well as Cisco and Ubiquiti
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.