Principal Engineer at Core Digital Media
- Develop, enhance and document detailed application designs and interfaces.
- Develop prototype systems to demonstrate the capabilities of the proposed solution.
- Evaluate existing components for re-usability and applicability.
- Evangelize technical/architectural standards, principles, methodology, patterns and trends.
- Investigate and review 3rd party tools for applicability to the overall solution.
- Demonstrate strong communication skill, problem solving ability, logic, and analytical skills.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineers.
- Facilitate cross team and cross component collaboration.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology tools and trends, and apply those tools to improving business processes.
- Articulate and document the application architecture vision.
- Apply industry standard analysis, architecture, and development techniques to assist in providing optimum solutions.
- Review design and code to ensure they are architecturally sound.
- Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture to provide solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy
- Extensive hands-on experience with scalable and highly available consumer facing web application development & testing
- Extensive hands-on experience in Microservices and Event Driven Architecture
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability and concurrency patterns
- Experience with industry standard architecture and design methodologies and processes
- Performance modeling, profiling, monitoring, and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Test Driven development experience with a clear understanding of the tool stack. Expertise in unit test, building Integration, smoke and regression testing suite and code coverage process.
- 8+ years of experience in software development and testing using Java and Web technologies.
- Proficient in programming languages and concepts around API services and Interfaces: Java SE and EE, API development concepts and abstracts (JSON, Swagger, Spring Boot, RESTful).
- Experience with data stores and caching technologies like Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, Redis
- Experience with Kafka, JMS technologies, JPA/Hibernate
- Experience with cloud computing providers like AWS is a big plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with application performance management and troubleshooting solutions like DynaTrace, Splunk, ELK etc.