Procore is looking for a Principal Engineer, M&A and Technical Integrations to join our Product and Technology organization. In this role, you’ll manage technical due diligence, integration planning, and decision management support within the Engineering org. You’ll partner with various stakeholders to ensure integration decisions are aligned cross-functionally amongst Product Management, Engineering, and Design teams. If you’re excited to help ensure the timely delivery of critical decisions and drive forward our M&A strategy, we’d love to hear from you!
The construction vertical is ripe for technological innovation. Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s one of the least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. Procore is leading the market with our SaaS construction platform. We build for real people with real experiences, empowering Groundbreakers to develop and transform the communities where we all live.
This position will report to the SVP of Engineering and has the opportunity to work remotely from any U.S. location or be based in our Carpinteria, CA, New York, NY, or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Lead integration activities including but not limited to technical due diligence, code migration/integration planning, and T&P systems integration
- Evaluate potential M&A opportunities for architecture strengths and gaps, including scalability, security, technical risk, SDLC health, tech stack, and talent
- Conduct code quality review of potential acquisitions
- Conduct detailed personnel analysis of potential acquisitions
- Provide detailed reporting on technical architecture, data architecture, IT, Cloud and Saas Operations, Software Development Lifecycle, Deployment and Open Source Bill of Materials and non-legal assessment of IP and security risk
- Lead technical due diligence meetings, outline areas of concern/risk, and develop technical reports as part of deal evaluation
- Report to stakeholders on risks and dependencies and suggest and manage risk mitigations
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with key stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors degree, Master’s degree is preferred, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years prior relevant experience
- Deep understanding of and experience with M&A integrations
- Strong Project Management and organizational skills
- Experience working within an Engineering org with Engineering teams
- Prior experience working at a hyper-growth technology company
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical, and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels
- Prior success with change management and stakeholder engagement
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.