Principal DevOps Engineer at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. We are looking for a Principal DevOps Engineer to join our growing team at our headquarters. In this role, you will be part of a team supporting our company’s efforts in expanding our DevOps practices across our printing and rocket manufacturing teams. You will be responsible for championing and instilling DevOps practices and tools throughout engineering groups company-wide and working closely with development and IT teams to implement best practices and automation. You will also build and lead Site Reliability Engineering efforts for the company.
To be successful in this role, you should have 7+ years of experience as a Senior DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineer, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environments at a technology company. Prior experience in managing cloud environments, containers, CI/CD pipelines, and a deep passion for hands-on technical problem solving are critical. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about technology and finding ways to automate tasks, and have an untiring focus on excellent results. If you thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about technology and finding ways to automate tasks, and have an untiring focus on excellent results, this is by far one of the most compelling career moves you can make!
Come join our mission of building humanity in space!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
To help us support our growing 3D printing capabilities and rocket manufacturing, as a Principal DevOps Engineer at Relativity, you will:
- Enhance Relativity’s Information technology team to support our rapid growth across multiple sites.
- Ensure continued up-time on our services, processes, and infrastructure throughout the company and across all of our sites.
- Develop roadmaps for automated software deployments across the company.
- Employ your systems knowledge to triage problems and tune resource usage
- Champion automation to reduce toil and increase development velocity
- Helping define and instrument Service-Level Objectives to ensure epic player experiences
- Leveraging Configuration Management to build and maintain consistency across services
- Apply everything-as-code methodologies across configuration, infrastructure, orchestration, and elsewhere
- Ensure we continue to implement and follow best practices across our systems and infrastructure to achieve our mission and goals.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field to include one of the following (computer science, computer information systems, engineering, enterprise systems administration, etc.) and 5+ years of experience in systems engineering
- Expert knowledge of container management and deployments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Expert knowledge of managing CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with Agile Development processes
- Scripting experience in Python and PowerShell
- Strong knowledge of Distributed Systems (architectures, micro-services, high-availability, elections)
- Strong knowledge of Configuration Management tools (Ansible)
- Expert knowledge of Cloud Services and Architecture (Azure, AWS)
- Heavy familiarity with Proxies and Load Balancing (Nginx, HAProxy)
- Extensive experience with Monitoring Tools (Kibana, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Datadog)
- Proficiency with Logging and Log Analysis
- Strong knowledge of Source Control (GitHub Enterprise, Perforce)
- Heavy experience with Atlassian tools
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Master’s degree in a technical field to include one of the following (computer science, computer information systems, engineering, enterprise systems administration, etc.), and 5+ years of experience in systems engineering
- Expert knowledge or certification for Azure cloud administration
- Experience working with Rancher container management
- Experience working with Ansible
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.