Principal Backend Engineer at Albert
Things You're Good At
- Ownership: Dive in and take ownership of the platform components and develop scalable, distributed systems that you are proud of every day.
- Architecture: Completing tasks is important. Completing tasks in a way that anticipates the scope of our ambitions is equally important.
- Organization: Work across various layers of our company in an inspired, efficient way.
- Prioritization: Prioritize initiatives to demonstrate alignment with our business strategy and value propositions. Communicate priorities and drive consensus on the path forward.
- Collaboration: We bring out the best in each other. We're looking for people who will bring out the best in all of us.
- Primarily responsible for our backend infrastructure, service communication, frameworks, asynchronous tasking
- Produce high quality, clean, tested, well-documented, and maintainable code that allows our services to scale
- Improve, optimize, troubleshoot, test, and maintain our codebase
- Work on new features and projects
- Follow and help improve our engineering processes and standards
- Work cross-functionally to support the successful implementation of all features
- Monitor and fine-tune our systems for optimal performance
- 10+ years of full-stack or backend engineering—preferably in technology startups
- Bachelor's Degree; Graduate Degree a plus
- Versed in OOP languages (such as Python, Java, or Ruby, etc), Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ, Heroku, AWS, Linux
- Understanding of event or domain-driven design is plus
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Meals provided
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401k match