Principal Backend Engineer at VideoAmp
We are looking for a Principal Back-end Engineer who will be responsible for working on hardening our systems, reviewing architecture proposals for new services, enhancing existing services, and promoting best practices in our API layer. You are passionate about all things data and tech, and have some knowledge of the digital or linear space. You are accomplished in the areas of API development, microservices architecture, web application development, security best practices and you are ready to support the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
- Review and provide guidance on architecture proposals
- Participate and lead API or Data infrastructure enhancement initiatives
- Lead Proof Of Concept research spikes
- Mentor more junior engineers and promote best practices
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of API development experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 2+ years of NodeJS experience
- Mastery of microservices architecture
- Ability to promote and enforce best practices
- Ability to mentor more junior engineers
- College degree in the area of Computer Science preferred
- Unlimited paid time off each year
- Annual vacation stipend
- Onsite gym, fitness classes and personal trainer
- Casual dress code
- Kitchen stocked with healthy snack snacks
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Parental leave
- Epic growth
At VideoAmp, we believe in challenging advertising paradigms to maximize value for clients. We do this by enabling companies to execute on business outcomes across their media investment instead of more traditional media metrics. VideoAmp is the software and data solutions company powering the convergence of the linear TV and digital video advertising. Our solutions connect linear TV viewership with addressable data assets to benefit the marketing and media industries. This enable marketers and content owners to holistically plan, transact, and measure deduplicated audiences across digital video, OTT, connected and linear TV advertising.
Come and join us!