Principal Android Engineer at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities, hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Principal Android Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Principal Android Engineer at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to partner intimately with our customer base, translating their fundamental needs into technological SaaS solutions. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position can be based in our Carpinteria, CA or Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Drive immediate and long-term strategic direction for major parts of Android technology stack in collaboration with Product, QA, UX, and other internal groups
- Provide technical guidance and ownership across various complex projects, teams, and technologies
- Have a strategic impact over some combination of large teams, large technical problems, and long time horizons
- Use a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability, performance and usability
- Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Function as a subject matter expert for all things code, including tools, processes, and procedures to help guide others to create and maintain a healthy code base
- Go beyond industry norms and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, think dynamically outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical environments
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience. Masters preferred
- 10+ years development experience with at least 7 years being related to Android; Kotlin and Java
- Expert understanding of Android’s architectural components (Room, LiveData, Jetpack, etc.) and the MVVM architecture. Experience with Coroutines and Flows preferred
- Proven ability to develop and ship highly complex software products including upgrade, migration and EOL strategies with high quality
- Experience with multi-threading, concurrent programming, memory management, and/or performance optimization
- Proven in depth knowledge of software engineering techniques, methodologies, and practices
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with a wide variety of audiences including QA, UX, and Product Management
- A leader in evaluating industry best-of-class technical approaches
- Experience working with RESTful APIs using XML and JSON. Experience with GQL a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the Bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation , employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.