Post Systems Engineer
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The primary purpose of the Post System Engineer is to support Telemundo's Post-Production environment and collaborate with Post Engineering teams across NBCUniversal. The core responsibilities include (but are not limited to) managing and resolving requests from clients. The position requires a thorough understanding of Avid and Adobe products. This position is Hybrid alternating between on-site and remote support and requires working nights and weekends on a rotation basis.
- Avid (Interplay, NEXIS, Media Central Cloud UX and Media Composer, Protools)
- Adobe Creative Cloud, Blackmagic Resolve, 3rd party plugins for all applications
- Video signals - SD, HD, UHD, HDR, SRT resolutions, frame rates
- Video Compression - XDcamHD50, MPEG2, MPEG4/AVC, XAVC, DNx, ProRes etc.
- Thorough understanding of Window 10 and Windows Servers, OSX and Linux.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively with others across geographical locations
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing requirements and schedules
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- File encoding using Telestream Vantage
- Telestream Diva Content Management Support
- Leostream and Teradici PCoIP support
- File system administration (NFS, CIFS,SMB)
- Network infrastructure understanding (switches, routers, firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS)
- File acceleration application using Signiant products
- Experience with VMWare vCenter/ESXi
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.