Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Performance team is responsible for performing a wide range of modelling, simulation and requirements management to ensure that Relativity’s rockets will achieve our payload capacity targets. The team strives to build tight integrations between the tools developed across the entire company to enable rapid iterations of vehicle design cycles that can match the pace of our manufacturing processes as well as enable effective design trades and studies.
What you’ll do:
Whilst working in the performance team you will be working on a wide range of projects developing end-end solutions with a high level of independence and ownership. Some examples of projects you could be working on include:
- Designing and proposing top level vehicle architecture, setting system level requirements and regularly presenting recommendations to leadership
- Developing 3DOF trajectory simulations and optimization routines to plan missions that maximize performance whilst satisfying constraints imposed by various vehicle systems and customers
- Supporting multi-disciplinary vehicle design trades by building and running analysis software that captures complex physical interactions
What you need to know:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Engineering, Computer Science or Physics
- Experience working with numerical techniques such as ODE’s and optimization routines
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Python, basic software development practices such as OOP and version control systems such as Git
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to work from first principles
- Possess a high attention to detail
- Experience in taking complex analysis results and clearly communicating conclusions and recommendations to management
Nice to haves but not required:
- High level of knowledge about launch vehicles
- Prior work in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience working with advanced software development practices such as Docker, Continuous Integration and Cloud deployment
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.