Network Security Engineer at Relativity Space
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Team and Role Overview
We are looking for a Network Security Engineer to join our rapidly growing team at our headquarters in Long Beach, CA. As a Network Security Engineer at Relativity, you will provide technical expertise for the Network Security programs across all aspects of corporate services, manufacturing, and launch and control systems. Your approach will bring together the best of state-of-the-art technical solutions and hands-on delivery of solutions to complex technical challenges.
You are passionate about technology and people and bring a thought leader mindset to all network security challenges. You are very capable of investigating and resolving technical problems and challenges while providing guidance and working within a team that supports all facets of networking and information security a very rapidly growing, multi-site organization. You will design and deploy solutions, manage existing infrastructure and tooling, and support the Networking and Information Security teams at Relativity, reporting to the Manager of Networking and Security.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To help us securely revolutionize the way rockets are built and flown, as the Network Security Engineer at Relativity, you will
- Enhance Relativity’s execution and agility by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing next generation Network Security technologies that support our rapid growth across multiple sites.
- Create roadmaps, develop and execute strategic plans for Network Security projects.
- Design scalable and efficient solutions for complex and large-scale challenges.
- Maintain quality of services by establishing and enforcing organization standards whilst identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update processes, infrastructure and systems.
- Establish and continuously improve processes and standards to ensure Network Security infrastructure operates resource-efficiently, and at scale.
To be successful in this role, you should have 8+ years of experience in Network Security Engineering, ideally in a mid-to-large sized, hyper-growth environment at a cutting-edge technology company. Prior experience working across various Networking and Security systems, applications and infrastructure, and a deep passion for delivery of elegant and robust solutions are critical. You have proven in past roles that you can take existing systems and controls and elevate their effectivity to create positive impact from day one. You are a technical Network Security Engineering subject matter expert.
You are always exploring ways to improve results, you effectively engage with other functional experts, and you show outstanding customer orientation by providing support and guidance to all stakeholders. You are a passionate learner that continuously aims to enhance you skillset and improve performance. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about building from scratch and have an unrelenting focus on excellent results. You are a visionary, eager to identify opportunities for improvement and drive delivery of elegant solutions to complex challenges across the enterprise.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a Network Security Engineer in a super-fast paced startup or other dynamic, high-growth company environment.
- Expertise in Network Architecture with a focus on security and automation.
- Experience defining and scaling Networking and Security practices and tools at a very rapid pace.
- Ability to triage short-term fixes while developing long-term solutions.
- Outstanding communication and influencing abilities, paired with strong team leadership.
- Always an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Comfortable with high-volume workload and self-driven prioritization.
- Hands on experience with leading Network Security solutions and strategy development.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- You demonstrate thought leadership mindset to enable a high performance and hyper-growth environment and operate highly effectively at tactical levels.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to communicate with people in multiple locations in a high-touch, personalized manner.
- Experience engaging with vendors and outside contractors to meet organizational objectives.
- Specific knowledge of ISO, NIST 800.181, or FedRAMP compliance
- A passion for creating a culture of inclusiveness and compassion
- A history of leveraging data to objectively measure impact and optimize solutions
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.