Mobile QA Engineer (iOS) - MyPlate at Leaf Group
Leaf Group is looking for a Mobile QA Engineer (iOS) to help provide the foundation to stabilize the variety of technical solutions we provide. With over 12 million downloads and over 500,000 monthly active users, MyPlate is one of the top apps in the health and fitness space for calorie tracking.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Mobile QA Engineer (iOS) grows with us.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society 6), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
A typical day as an Mobile QA Engineer might include:
- Develop test strategies, create test plans, and execute testing methodologies from a manual testing and automation development perspective
- Contribute to QA best practices, strategies, and methodologies with thorough documentation and instruction while defining and adhering to engineering and departmental standards
- Analyze, document, and communicate bugs and/or problems that occur in our mobile application and web services
- Write unit and/or integration tests for our mobile applications and web services
- Evaluate tools and processes to improve the quality of our software
- Recommend improvements and enhancements to the user experience within our applications
- Results-oriented, hard-working, ambitious individual that wants to provide a valuable contribution to our mobile applications
You will be successful if you are dedicated, results-oriented, and a tenacious problem-solver. You will lead our QA and automation initiatives for our product and engineering teams, apply your technical background in software development towards automated, efficient solutions and utilizing strong communication and collaboration skills to discuss, plan, and strategize your contribution towards the quality of our software and services.
What You Have:
- 5+ years experience in QA and testing in a software development environment
- 3+ years experience working with and testing dynamic mobile applications that interact with an array of web services
- Experience in writing test plans, building test strategies, documentation and automation roadmaps
- Proficiency with GIT, XCode, and Android Studio
- Proficiency with a number of tools utilized for automation, testing, and monitoring Mobile applications and APIs such as Selenium, Postman, Charles Proxy, Kibana, Splunk, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required to communicate QA objectives, findings, and reporting
- Familiarity with Jenkins
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.