Mechanical Design Engineer
Team and Role Overview
At Relativity, we reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. We are looking for a Vehicle Mechanical Design Engineer to help us achieve our ambitious goal of launching a 3D printed rocket to space.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Stage and fairing separation systems
- Large scale structural test rigs
- Shipping and handling equipment
- Thrust structure
- Payload attach fitting & fairing
- Propellant tanks
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years of experience in a full cycle design engineering role and a Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Significant structural analysis abilities (from hand calculations to advanced analysis)
- Fundamental knowledge of design for Additive Manufacturing
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years of experience and an advanced degree
- Extensive experience with Creo/ProE
- Experience using Nastran and/or ANSYS
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.