Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
● Culver City, CA
Who we are
Flo Technologies is on a mission to prevent loss, one drip at a time. Flo prevents water damage and unnecessary water waste in homes and buildings across the country with its Flo by Moen smart home water monitoring and leak protection system. In 2018 alone, our system helped homeowners save over two million gallons of water and became available at Home Depot stores across the country, on HomeDepot.com, as well as in countless plumbing wholesalers.
We are a VC-backed company with over $40M in funding, and we have partnered with Moen, the #1 faucet brand in North America, to make Flo even more available to homeowners everywhere. We have won awards from Popular Science, Consumer Electronics Show, Electronic House, IOT Inventor, Green Builder Magazine, and Kitchen and Bath Industry Show to name a few.
We are an innovative, high performing team with empathy and integrity, and are obsessed with delivering value to our end users and making positive impacts on the world.
Our Core Values
● Individuals Make an Impact
● Continuous Improvement
● Focus on User Experience
● Positive Impact on the World
What we are looking for
We believe that Flo’s success hinges on the creative and unique thinking that comes from diverse perspectives. We are intentionally building an inclusive community of problem-solvers from many different backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an A+ team looking for A+ players. We are searching for an innovative engineer to develop impactful, robust designs as we expand our portfolio of best in class hardware solutions.
We are looking for a confident individual that has strong mechanical design, problem-solving and project management skills with a proven record of robust design solutions and a background in durable good full product lifecycle engagement. Our organization is dynamic and we are excitedly cultivating ideas for new products, enhancements, applications, or emergent technologies every day. At the same time, we are laser-focused on executing on, delivering, and supporting these innovations for our customers. You are someone who can strategically navigate this balance between time devoted to ideation versus execution.
You love being part of a team and are most productive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. You are an energetic person of integrity who is passionate about efficiently producing high quality work.
You will report directly to the Director of Product Development - Hardware.
What you’ll do
· Responsible for design and development of electro-mechanical assemblies for IoT-enabled fluid management applications
· Coordinate alpha and beta prototype fabrication
· Develop and manage design verification / validation plans
· Support manufacturing sites to implement assembly and testing processes and controls
· Manage assigned projects within Stage Gate NPI process
· Create and maintain technical documentation (2D/3D CAD, specifications)
· Lead ECO/ECN change management process using PLM system
· Maintain standards for technical drawings, internal specifications and related engineering documentation
- Prepare and present concept and technical design review presentations
- Conduct design reviews, identifying opportunities for enhancement or value-engineering efficiencies
- Responsible for APQP elements (FMEA, DFM/DFMA, DOE, Limit Studies, Finite Element Analysis)
- Collaborate with Global Supply Ops on manufacturer/partner engagement, tooling development / PPAP
· Provide technical support to internal and external customers (function, application, installation and use)
· Coordinate plumbing and mechanical third-party certifications
Who you are
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree of science in mechanical engineering (BSME/MSME) / Design focus
· 4+ years of product development experience in individual-contributor role
- Broad process and materials expertise, including injection molding, forging and casting
- Proficient in 3D parametric design (Inventor, SolidWorks, Creo)
- Basic knowledge of electronics and programming (C/C++, Python, LabView)
· Experience with structured project management systems
· Applied hydraulics / fluids engineering experience
· Self-directed individual able to plan and execute work independently with high personal standards
- Creative-thinker able to efficiently solve, validate and deploy problem solutions
- Collaborative team-player
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Who you might be (we can teach you if you’re not)
● Knowledge of fluids distribution system design, components, materials and trade practices
● Subject-matter expert on materials, production processes, sensors, water quality and safety
● Application of Six Sigma Principles (LEAN / DFSS)
● APQP FMEA / DFM / DFMA
● Practical experience using FEA / CFD application software
● Knowledge of ISO 9001 or ISO/TS 16949 design control procedures a plus
What you will get
Competitive market compensation, unlimited vacation, medical, dental, vision, weekly catered lunch, a team that’s fun to be around, and an awesome office location in the heart of Culver City.
Read Full Job Description