Manufacturing Engineer (Propulsion) at Relativity Space
- Develop in-house and external manufacturing processes capable of scaling to meet future Terran 1 launch vehicle demand.
- Work closely with external machine shops and process vendors to design and build parts designed for manufacturability, utilizing knowledge of additive manufacturing where beneficial.
- Develop and own component and system level acceptance testing of manufactured hardware. Analyze results from testing to provide useful feedback on hardware performance to design and development engineering.
- Resolve and analyze manufacturing and test discrepancies.
- Create and maintain hardware build schedules.
- Work with design engineers to develop, evaluate, and improve designs and manufacturing methods using knowledge of material properties, machinability, welding, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, aerospace, or related engineering field and 3+ years of relevant experience
- ProE/CREO experience or equivalent and CAM software with an understanding and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5-1994
- Demonstrated experience with DMLS and SLS additive manufacturing, welding, machining, precision cleaning, and NDT for aerospace products
- Strong understanding and experience working with additive manufacturing techniques for aerospace products
- Demonstrated experience performing structural and/or functional acceptance testing - hydrostatic proof testing, pneumatic leak check, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to determine root cause and implement corrective actions
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior experience with spacecraft, launch vehicle, and/or aircraft propulsion systems
- Foundational knowledge in metallurgy
- Expert experience in machining, welding, and drilling
- CAM software experience for CNC programming
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.