Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars. Check out our latest YouTube video here!
The Manufacturing team is building the factory of the future. Disrupting over 60 years of aerospace manufacturing, this team has a wide variety of responsibilities—from determining the most efficient factory floor layout, to building out cells for some of the largest 3D printers in the world. Unique to Relativity, you will get to work across many teams to iterate and support Relativity's first-of-its-kind 3D printing software and robotics technology. Overall, this team is critical to the launch success of Terran 1, among many other firsts!
What you'll do:
- Define, architect, and establish the product flow of flight hardware through the Factory. Identify and implement the tools required to support an optimized, efficient flow.
- Identify capital tooling and work center capability needs and lead the efforts of standing up key Factory capabilities.
- Help drive the development of business tools and processes that will be used to manufacture the first launch vehicle. In parallel, define and pilot the long-term ERP, MES, and QMS solutions that will enable high-quality, efficient vehicle manufacturing.
Skills/Competencies we're looking for:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student graduating in December 2021 or Spring/Summer 2022
- Earning your degree in aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, or industrial engineering.
- Relevant internship experience preferred
- Interest in typical manufacturing execution systems and quality management systems. To be successful in this role, you need to be able to thrive in ambiguity, identify problems and quickly resolve them, and provide definition to the previously undefined. You will need to balance a scrappy, get-it-done attitude with a vision for the long-term processes required for scaling and efficiency!
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.