Manager, Technical Developer
The Technical Developer Manager will be part of the Software Team, working with other teams to develop the software front-end and backend systems that will run the Virgin Hyperloop One. Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real-time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the software that operates the Virgin Hyperloop One system.
- Integrate Hyperloop operational services with operational front ends, data warehouses, and platform services.
- Set goals and expectations for matrixed developers.
- Align team goals with departmental goals and priorities. Ensure all goals are in sync with company goals.
- Communicate team status and needs to department heads and team members.
- Recruit engineers and develop a positive team culture to meet resource needs across multiple departments.
- Lead, grow, and maintain a team of software developers.
- Work with architecture group to develop technical standards and best practices.
- Work with process group to improve delivery methods
- Work with product group to provide engineering feedback into requirements and products.
- Promote good software security practices at every stage of development.
- Keep a customer-focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall environments with safety critical and safety-related systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5+ years experience in cloud and/or server development.
- Understanding of SOLID coding principles, software life-cycles.
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics, and benchmarks.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Experience with safety-related or safety-critical systems.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Experience working with different front-end frameworks. (React, Vue, Angular, Etc)
- Successful delivered and maintained a major cloud application with a large number of end users.
- Experience in developing microservice based applications at scale.
- Extreme passion for making complicated systems easy to use.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.