Manager, Software Engineering
Our software engineering team is expanding! We're looking for a Software Engineering Manager with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, sharp coding skills, and a passion for managing outstanding managers and engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Hire and manage highly skilled software engineers, providing mentorship, guidance and career development to members of the team
- Work with cross-functional partners in sales, marketing, and finance, to achieve business goals
- Be both technically hands-on and people manager
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Serve as a champion of sound decision-making at all levels of the company
- MS or PhD (preferred) in Computer Science or closely related degree.
- 2+ years management experience building and leading software engineering teams with several direct reports.
- Ability to scale, build and develop a team of experienced professionals, providing career development and coaching.
- 6+ years of programming experience in Python (preferred), Java, C/C++, C#, Objective-C
- Ability to execute with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly.
- Strategic mindset - you're comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Good track record of developing, driving and delivering software products.