Manager of Software Engineering, Machine Learning at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is looking for an experienced software engineering manager to lead our Additive Software team. This position will be responsible for planning project priorities and team growth strategies to enable Relativity to accomplish our goal of building the world’s first factory that can 3D print rockets.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To support our mission to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown, you will be working with our Additive Manufacturing team to create proprietary software applications and machine learning that will run our deposition processes autonomously. This means that you will be leading a team that builds software running in real-time, stores high rate data, monitors the printing process, and works with live streams from multiple sensors along with a lot more exciting research and development!
Your overall objective will be to grow a software team that is capable of handling multiple facets of our Additive Manufacturing process. This includes software for intelligent systems using computer vision and machine learning, infrastructure software that develops efficient monitoring, alerting, deployment, testing pipelines, and user interfaces for 3D printer operators.
You have ideally built software teams in fast-paced environments with rapid growth. You will be growing this team from day one, and so having strong experience in recruiting and identifying technical leaders whom you can empower to move quickly and mentor others is key. This role will require you to make regular decisions about prioritization to make sure your team’s goals align well with the company. You are also capable of providing technical feedback for design decisions and perform the role of “tie-breaker” when needed. Lastly, it will be important that the person in this role is comfortable touching on a broad technology stack that spans sensor acquisition, computer vision, machine learning, deployment infrastructure, and web apps. Deep expertise in each area is not required, but a functioning knowledge to provide high-level guidance is important.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 5+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in a software management role
- Experience with career development and performance management
- Experience with Python, C++, C#, and/or other scripting languages
- Experience managing the software release lifecycle for a team delivering multiple products
- Familiarity working with various database technologies
- Familiarity with maintenance and deployment of micro-services to the cloud
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience in the Aerospace industry is not required
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 7+ years of experience in software development
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary environments
- Experience designing and building real time control systems
- Experience with industrial robots
- Experience with big data technologies
- Experience with publisher-subscriber design pattern
- Experience with time-series databases and visualization tools
- Database administration/configurations
- Experience implementing Machine Learning and Computer Vision algorithms
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.