Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is looking for a Manager to lead our Robotics Engineering Team within our multifaceted Additive Development Group. Your team of Software and Robotics Engineers will work alongside Weld and Materials Engineers to develop and mature the core of our Additive manufacturing technology to autonomously 3D print rockets!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to induce a paradigm shift in how rockets are built and flown. As Manager of our Robotics Engineering Team, you be responsible for architecting and implementing the core components of our robotic 3D printing capability.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a working knowledge Relativity's Stargate-Class 3D printer design as well as your domain expertise to contribute to the assessment of proposed design changes and impact based on test evidence. You will perform root cause analysis and debugging related to system level errors as well as learn and contribute to our CICD pipeline.
You will be responsible for key technical decisions, coordinate objectives, allocate resources and prioritize activities for the robotic engineering team.
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience in Robotics engineering. Prior experience working in multi-disciplinary applications and infrastructure. You have proven in past roles that you can take existing processes and systems and elevate their performance to create positive impact from day one. You equally have the skills to architect new solutions from scratch, and evaluate possible solutions on their merit weighed against requirements you may need to derive. You are always exploring ways to improve your team’s results, you effectively engage with functional experts. You are a passionate team lead that continuously wants to develop your team and improve their performance.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- BS in either Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or relevant field
- Practical experience implementing algorithms for the calibration and motion control of complex robotic systems
- Theoretical and practical experience in control theory, sensor fusion, digital signal processing, robotic arm positioning and control, kinematics solvers, ROS, SLAM, motion planning and collision avoidance
- 3+ years of experience in developing software and controls for industrial robots
- 3+ years of experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python and C++
- Experience developing and integrating with safety critical features and software for industrial robots
- Strong Digital Signal Processing skills (Filtering, time and frequency domain analyses)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully conceptualize, architect and integrate automated systems from the ground up. This includes ability to:
- Determine functional requirements for hardware, software, data usage and requirements
- Perform trade studies on hardware selection, system design, and software architecture
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- MS, or PhD in either Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics, or relevant field
- Quarternion math is a side hobby of yours.
- Direct experience with industrial hardware products including Kuka and Beckoff
- 5+ years of experience in developing software and controls for industrial robots
- 5+ years of experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python and C++ involving EtherCAT and TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with using weld processes for additive manufacturing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.