Manager, Release Engineering at Pluto TV
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
At Pluto TV, we approach development, testing and product releases differently -- we are developing, testing and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Release Management design Pluto TV’s release process from inception to production and ensure quality has been embedded into all aspects of the SDLC before releasing products. As a Release Manager, you partner with all departments (Engineering, Software Test, Product Management, Program Management) to facilitate and communicate release milestones, activities & announcements, including the facilitation of Incident Management procedures. The RM will also act as a representative of the Software Test & Operations Engineering Team in scrum meetings and provide input on how to provide better process, ensuring quality and consistency for the applications supported.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on collecting information to communicate release milestones.
- Perform deployment of application code to Pre-Production and production using a one-click deployment process.
- Create,maintain and enforce release checklist that includes all approvals from various departments to authorize a product release.
- Contribute to the development of “CI/CD” pipeline
- Development of SDLC across all Pluto TV products & services
- Partner with Engineering and STE to define Quality gates within the CI Process.
- Management of usage scheduling and management of test environments.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
- 5+ years Release Management experience within an enterprise environment, performing production releases
- 5+ years experience developing SDLC process that can be implemented and enforced on multiple agile teams.
- 3+ years experience with contributing/developing CI/CD process/platforms
- 5+ years project management experience
- 2+ experience with Version Control systems (GitHub, BitBucket, etc)
- 3+ years of experience managing and maintaining tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar, Maven, etc.
- Exposure to security tools such as CheckMarx/Veracode and working knowledge to implement as a step within thr SDLC.
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.