Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Integrated Software team is responsible for developing a wide array of software across the entire company. This includes controlling the rocket from launch pad to orbit, providing real-time control systems for engine testing, structures testing, and launch facilities, and lastly (but certainly not least) creating our factory of the future with our proprietary 3D printing technology. This team is at the forefront of driving Relativity Space towards our mission of a multiplanetary future, from changing how we manufacture rockets to how we fly them.
What You'll Do:
One of your main responsibilities will be to work closely with our stakeholder teams (propulsion, structures, test operations, and launch operations) to help roadmap and plan execution for the set of features and milestones we need to deliver. You will also bring your technical expertise to help provide guidance when needed, and your people management skills will help develop the team members and expand their skillsets. You will take ownership of this team and help grow it into the powerhouse it needs to be to drive Relativity’s success.
What You Need to Know:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 5+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in a software management role
- Experience with career development and performance management
- Experience with Python, C++, Java, and/or other object-oriented languages
- Experience managing the software release lifecycle for a team delivering multiple products
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in the Aerospace industry is not required
Nice to haves but not required:
- Master’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 7+ years of experience in software development
- Experience designing and building real-time control systems
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary environments
- Experience with publisher/subscriber design pattern
- Experience with industrial automation
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.