To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Virgin Hyperloop One Pod team is responsible for designing and delivering the hyperloop passenger vehicle. The Pod team has primary ownership of the vehicle’s structures, thermal management systems, interiors, and environmental control and life support systems. We’re a multidisciplinary, cross-functional team that designs and integrates numerous systems across the pod.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Accountable and responsible for all Pod structural and mechanical sub-systems (including structures/doors/interiors/thermal management/life support systems) engineering development activities and completing deliverables to time and cost
- Identify, manage and mitigate technical risk, using the established Risk Management processes
- Direct Pod Structures and Mechanical systems team with budgeting, resource management, scheduling, execution, problem solving and risk management through collaboration with work package Project Manager
- Support VH high-level engineering strategy and planning
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You will hold a minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical engineering.
- Experience managing multi discipline teams.
- Ability to lead and motivate team, ensuring all staff are suitably supported. Serve the teams to give them environment to succeed.
- Manage people, define priorities and support team development
- Experience in lead partnerships with critical design and manufacturing partners. Owning and manage relationships.
- Experience with subcontract program work definition, progress, delivery of results, timely and cost-effective execution and risk management
- Experience supporting overall company directives on commercial and technology partnering strategies related to Pod Mechanical Systems and structures.
- Held responsibility for the technical architecture definition, development, selection, hardware delivery and integration.
- Developed and maintained a technical development roadmap
- Been responsible for the technical architecture definition, design, development, integration, delivery, testing, and certification.
- Able to provide technical expertise on design of safe, lightweight, producible, certifiable, and reliable hard components for vehicle structures and mechanical systems,
- Experience reviewing and consulting on design work completed by teams, review neighboring Departments’ work with an eye towards system-level integrated performance against System requirements,
- Provided engineering decision recommendations for items impacting wider system operation, software, business requirements or business strategy, manufacturing strategy,
- Supported systems engineering activities for vehicular structures/doors/interiors/thermal management/life support system. Support the generation and validation of functions, safety considerations, and L3/L4/L5 requirements. Interface with RAMS team members.
- Demonstrated commercial accountability and ownership
NICE TO HAVE
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical engineering
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave