As the Electrical Design Engineering Manager, you'll be responsible for managing the electrical design engineering and industrial control aspects of test rig design, prototype “one off” machine designs and test support equipment and fixtures where needed at Virgin Hyperloop One (VHO). You will be required to interact with engineering resources within the Core Engineering Organization and the Product Development and Systems Engineering organizations as required. In addition, in this role you'll also be responsible for Process and Procedural Development and Improvement within the specified team and is required to provide mentoring and guidance to entry level and mid-level Electrical Design and Industrial Controls engineers.
As the Manager of Electrical Design Engineering, you will:
- Provide technical leadership and manage team resources and priorities
- Develop and manage project budget requirements
- Manage, maintain and report on the electrical design project deliverables and queue
- Mentor direct reports on “best practices” and engineering principles
- Introduce and support continuous Improvement initiatives
- Work with Test Engineering and VHO internal customers to define requirements and design needs
- Review and approve final designs and models for design projects
- Provide details on test program scope including resource and budget estimates
- Ensure that safety is a key consideration during development of new programs and processes
- Maintain familiarity with the changing technical landscape and seek to implement new methods and technologies where relevant.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The candidate for this role must possess good communication and organizational skills. Fluency in industry testing methods and standard industry design practices including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Mid-level experience of active Electrical Design, Controls Development related experience
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly techniques and methodologies
- Proficient in Electrical model/schematic generation, component, assembly print generation and integration planning
- Knowledge of standard electrical-related principles
- Experience managing employee’s and/or project resources
- Experience using Siemens Unigraphics NX 8 or higher & AutoCAD Electrical
- Experience using PLM / PDM software such as Teamcenter
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.