Lead Thermal Analyst
The Electromagnetic Systems division is responsible for the design and development of the Hyperloop Propulsion Motor, Levitation, and Guidance Systems. These systems are all electromechanical in nature and are designed by a highly cross-functional team of exceptional engineers in the areas of Electromagnetics, Mechanical Design, Heat Transfer, Materials Science, Testing, Controls and Embedded Systems, and Electrical System Modeling. We are seeking candidates with broad skillsets and various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work on one of the most challenging transportation applications on Earth, from right here at our Los Angeles facility.
The Senior Thermal Analyst is responsible for:
• Designing thermal management systems for various propulsion, levitation, and guidance related systems and sub-systems
• Analysis and verification of preliminary and detail design with hand calculations and numerical modeling
• Designing tests for validating computational models
• Preparing and presenting of results
• Collaborate with adjacent systems on requirements, interfaces, and system capability
• Working with internal teams and external vendors to ensure timely completion of development and functional hardware
The candidate must have practical engineering experience in thermal management system design and analysis. They must be able to develop feasible design solutions to complex problems and thrive in a team environment.
In addition, the candidate must possess the following characteristics:
• Team oriented: you are comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skillsets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives. You desire to truly understand the goals and needs of your teammates.
• Dynamic and creative: you thrive in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously. You welcome the challenge of generating ideas and performing analysis based on inputs and requirements that are subject to change.
• Ability to make decisions, and effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines
• Experience developing a product from concept to production
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to understand and interpret a variety of abstract and concrete variables and provide solutions to difficult problems
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• Ability to work effectively in teams and individually
• Utilizing engineering principles to design complex systems
• Strong knowledge of heat transfer fundamentals
• Proficiency with CAD applications, Unigraphics NX experience preferred
• Significant experience with thermal analysis or fluid-thermal analysis tools, ANSYS or Star-CCM+ experience preferred
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• Experience with design or analysis of electric motor thermal management systems or sub-systems
• Experience with design or analysis of electronics thermal management systems or sub-systems
• Experience with motor or electronics thermal performance and life testing
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.