Lead Systems Engineer (LVDS)
Greater LA Area
- VHO needs a talented and experienced leader to account for our vehicle harnessing needs, both high and low voltage.
- This role long-term will stand up their own team to act as an internal supplier to the principal domains that make up the vehicle engineering. This person will interact with any team requiring low or high voltage harnessing to achieve their system capabilities.
- Big picture, this role and team are accountable for delivering low and high voltage harnessing and distribution systems at all stages of development from concept, through prototype, and into production.
- This person will work to define and control the interfaces that exist on modern EE complex vehicles. Everything from documenting pinouts, sizing wire gauging, harness insulation selection, and understanding failure modes and reliability assessments will be needed.
- Owning a system from day one and getting some plans in place to align everyone on the LVDS/HVDS (low voltage differential signaling/High Voltage differential signaling) components will be needed.
- Accountable to deliver prototype and production harnesses for bench and full vehicle testing. The roll is currently slated for vehicle-only, but would inform the wayside deployment as well where overlap exists.
- EE System Harness integration, from virtual clean-sheet to detailed design and pre-production.
- This individual will need to manage a budget effectively to execute.
- Expect 10-20% travel on average, with heavier travel expected close to major test events and/or supplier visits.
- Outgoing, a get-shit-done engineer. They need to be comfortable talking with peers, leadership, and standing up for getting what they need to be successful.
- This roll needs a strong collaborator, skilled technically, and can manage large amounts of information/data effectively.
- This individual ideally will have experience in similar battery electric automotive background. That environment and this role go hand in hand vs. aerospace experience due to this system complexity and production requirements. The successful candidate will need to impress engineering senior leadership with both their poise and acumen to readily show they can stand up and lead a team in the not too distant future, while also demonstrating high competence to do the work as an individual contributor in the short-term.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in an automotive production environment working on LVDS and HVDS.
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading teams of engineers, technicians, and suppliers.
- Experience creating and managing a database to manage interface control documents between different embedded HW target ECUs and actuators.
- Experience of managing harness creation and launch, through to production, on at least one vehicle.
- Able to specify, create, and commission a harness on their own, with hand crimpers, strippers, cutters, pinning/de-pinning tools, etc... and verify without use of an automated harness tester.
- Experience with PREEvision, Capella, or similar-type EE systems MBSE architecture tool for harness/loom pintout and ICD management.
- Experience using the KBL 2.4 standard for wire harness documentation.
- Experience deploying ISO26262 compliant harnessing to ASIL C or higher safety rating.
- Ability to route harnessing in 3D CAD (preferred experience in Nx, but any CAD package like Catia/Solidworks/ProE and experience routing harnesses counts).
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description