About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design Pluto TV’s testing infrastructure and perform tests to examine and validate large-scale content operations and releases. The STE will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings and provide guidance on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests within an iteration
- Leadership of Software Test Engineers
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct severity
- Native applications / OTT Platforms functional testing experience
- Formal testing experience from planning to execution
- Automation experience using Java frameworks
- People Leadership experience
- Project Leadership experience
- 3+ years experience of leading engineers working with on-site and offshore teams
- 3+ years of testing experience on OTT platforms (preferably Apple)
- 2+ years experience leading testing activities
- Mentoring of team members on the following competencies:
- Test Automation and STE Test Automation Standards
- Use of STE Unified Test Framework
- Application behavior and testing techniques
- Test coverage for application(s) supported
- Efficient testing strategies.
- 3+ years of experience as a test engineer within an Agile environment
- 3+ years of Functional Testing on Native Apps, OTT (Over-the-top), web platforms, a plus.
- 3+ years Hands-on experience with developing automated functional tests
- Experience in Video Content Delivery Experience, a big plus
- Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, a plus.