Lead Software Engineer - InsightVM
Join the SecOps software revolution at Rapid7, building amazing products with the latest technologies. As a member of the InsightVM team in Los Angeles, California you will help us build the best vulnerability management solution in the industry. We seek experienced, self-organized and highly motivated individuals who are looking to make a difference.The ideal candidate is a natural leader that can inspire and lead teams to impactful outcomes while enjoying the road. We are looking for a passionate problem solver with cloud and microservices background that enjoys mentoring their teammates based on their own experience. Experience with back end development, agile process, Microservices, AWS infrastructure, and the security industry are strong plusses.The Mission:
- Build scalable microservices to process security and network data.
- Bring all your creativity and engineering skills to help us simplify security for our users.
- Collaborate with UX experts, product managers and the rest of our diverse and passionate organization to build the best experience possible for our customers in an agile and flexible environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Strong experience in Object-Oriented design & programming with Java or similar language
- Strong experience with Relational and/or NoSql databases
- Experience leading projects and teams to successful outcomes
- Experience working with product management, architects and stakeholders
- Solid understanding of software design principles, patterns, and architectural solutions
- Proven record of delivering successful scalable solutions
- Participate in all facets of the SDLC (from the initial concept to the final release)
- Review code and technical documents
- Contribute to our quality focused environment with new unit & functional tests
- Enforce and improve the teams architectural and design standards
- Strong communication skills
- Dedication, passion, and an eagerness to learn and grow
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience with cloud providers and microservices development are strong plusses
- Lots of opportunity to make an impact and grow with us
- Work on something cool that makes a difference
- Cold Brew and Kombucha on the tap in the office
- Beer and spirits and the good company to share it with
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- Brand new modern office space with stand up desks
- Budget for additional education/development
- Ping pong, foosball, card games and people that will play and probably beat you
- Book club, lunch and learns and a culture of continual learning
- Snacks and occasional happy hours
Check out the helpful article below featuring one of our Principal Software Engineer's for tips on how to nail your technical interview!