Dave (Nasdaq: DAVE) is on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. Our banking app comes with no minimum balance or overdraft fees, new job opportunities, and helps members access up to $500 advances without paying a fee. With a growing suite of tools and services and over 6 million members, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck. We’re looking for high performers to be part of our journey to bring access to financial opportunity for everyone.
Dave is looking for a talented Lead Backend Engineer to continue building the foundation that empowers the engineers to build products that help millions of people improve their relationship with money. If you're excited to join a tight-knit collaborative team with a mission of helping others, we'd love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Design, build, and maintain the backend code to support features used by our 5 million users
- Backend development in Typescript
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
- Provide technical leadership and assist guiding the team's overall technical direction
- Offer mentorship and pair with other engineers regularly
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ Years of Software Engineering Experience with a focus on Backend feature development
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
Don’t let imposter syndrome get in your way of an incredible opportunity. We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. Go ahead and apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Why you’ll love working here:
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A few of our benefits & perks:
• Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
• Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Financial advisor and financial wellness support
• Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
• All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.