To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
Support with Safety and Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) analyses according to the System Safety Engineering and RAM Engineering lifecycles to build world’s first Hyperloop.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Participate in a portfolio of engineering developments and providing assurance of engineering activities on safety-related and safety-critical systems/products.
- Support the build-up of system/product safety cases by providing all required safety and reliability evidences.
- Collaborate with the internal Engineering, Procurement, Quality, Certification & Regulatory Compliance team.
- Develop safety and RAM target, safety and RAM requirements.
- Execute hazard analyses with limited supervision to support identification of safety requirements in accordance with business standards and program/product objectives.
- Conduct RAM prediction analyses to assure that the system/product designs achieve the targets.
- Provide assurance that the built systems/products (incl. software) meet the RAMS targets.
- Contribute to the development of generic product, generic application and specific application safety cases, including by maintaining the status of hazards updated in the Hazard Log.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated to internal and external customers.
- Comply with VH occupational health and safety rules whether in the office or on project sites.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Considered as knowledgeable in the field of RAMS, with strong analytical skills, naturally organized and disciplined, with attention to details.
- Proven capable of solving problems of medium complexity, identifying program risks, proposing mitigation plans.
- Worked as a team player with strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about the success of the RAMS Engineering team and VH.
- Have experienced operating as a Safety and/or RAM engineer on a medium complexity system.
- Knowledge in system safety engineering, including application of standards such as CENELEC 50126, 50128, and 50129.
- Familiar with design, test and analysis tools and systems.
- Graduated in an engineering discipline or related field.
NICE TO HAVE
- MS and/or PhD in an engineering discipline or a related field.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS 9100.
- Some experience in a mass transport industry (e.g. aerospace, rail, automotive).
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP:
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave